May Health Tips
May 03, 2012 by Bay Naturals
In the celebration of the warmer temperatures and promise of beach days on the horizon, we focused our health tips this month on products and lifestyle changes that can help you not only look your best, but feel your best as well.
Speaking of warmer temperatures, sunshine and beach days, did you know that Coconut Oil isn't just something to put on your skin in your suntan lotion? There are many health benefits making this one of the most versatile and healthiest oils.
For May, we focused on things that can be incorporated into a hectic lifestyle easily, whether incorportating into our cooking or grabbing something as we head out the door. Let us know what you think of this month's lineup of tips. And don't forget to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or email to let us know what you'd like us to focus on in the coming months.
Coconut Oil is the healthiest oil you can consume. Known to improve heart health, increase metabolism, promote weight loss, support the immune system and provide many skin benefits.
1. Anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal
2. Boosts energy levels and endurance
3. Improves the digestive system
4. Helps treat various skin problems including eczema, psoriasis and other skin infections
Whey protein helps maintain a healthy body composition, fight off chronic diseases and can help you improve your emotional health.
- Helps repair body cells, muscles and bones
- May posses anti-inflammatory or anti cancer properties
- Can help dieters loose weight
Whey protein confers 7 distinct benefits that will support you in accomplishing your health goals.
1. Whey contains a high level of cysteine, an essential amino acid that stimulates the body’s antioxidant production and thus supports a healthy immune system.
2. Whey is an excellent source to help build muscle protein because it is uniquely rich in all the essential amino acids.
3. Whey increases satiety, thereby lowering your daily intake of calories and supporting a healthy life expectancy as well as promoting a healthy loss of weight.
4. When substituted for other protein sources, whey reduces the load of toxic pro-aging and potentially carcinogenic substances found in meat, fish, and poultry.
5. Whey protein may help with emotional stress because it is high in tryptophan—an amino acid that supports a healthy mood and sleep quality in some individuals.
6. Whey protein, when added to a high-carbohydrate meal, supports healthy blood sugar levels, as reported in the July 2005 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
7. The amino acids in whey protein are the building blocks your body needs, promoting skin, hair and nail health.
Read more about Whey Protein here.
Yerba Mate tea is a South American beverage rich in antioxidants, enhances mental focus and physical endurance, aids digestion, helps control weight and supports cardiovascular health.
90% more antioxidants than green tea
Helps reduce stress and insomnia.
Slows digestion to keep you full longer
Boosts metabolism to burn more calories
May prevent artheriosclerosis and blood clots
Noni fruit is a powerful antioxidant, and its juice may help protect you from cancer by preventing cellular genetic damage. It also helps lower LDL cholesterol and boost good HDL; helps heal wounds; and eases joint pain and inflammation, including arthritis.
1. Boosts immune system
2. Stimulates digestion
3. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties
4. Rich in anti-oxidants
Read more about Noni Juice here.